Parlons Electricité et électronique
Talk about Electrical and electronics
Répondre
Spelunxk
Pilote
Pilote

Distance parcourue & Consommation moyenne

Dear forum members
Since nearly 3 years I am proudly owning my Alpine A110 pure and absolutely anjoy driving this great car.
Unfortunately I am facing an electronic oddity, which is occuring since the very first day and has been complaint to Alpine since the very beginning. But is could not be sorted out by the Alpine Center or Alpine general customer support.
I tried to figure out, if other Alpine cars are suffering from the same issue, but did not find one so far.

The strange error from which my car is suffering ist the following:
The trip counter calculating the average speed and fuel consumption is frequently reset to zero WITHOUT user interaction (pressing the reset button on the stalk). This is typically happening, during the warm up phase of the engine. Not directly when starteing the engine, but then within the first 500m to maybe 3km. It is not happening, when the engine is fully warmed up.
It is more likely occuring, when the car rested more days in the garage without beeing used and the temperatures outside are very hot (aircon is running) or very cold (heating is active), but not generally at every cold start.

I logged meanwhile about 21.000 km and managed so far only to empty one single complete fuel load without facing that annoying resets (it was a fuel trip without any intermediate stops in between). In average it is reseting the counters mutiple times between refueling.

The complete display module has been swapped as it has been under suspect to suffer from cold solder pads or a cracked PCB. But it did not result in any improvements.

If I connect a standard OBD Reader to the car, it is not indicating any kind of logged errors. I do not know, if Alpines own diagnose testers might be able to perform deep dives into hidden logs.

I had been in contact with customer support several times but still there is no clear plan how to get rid of that issue and meanwhile my warranty time is nearing its end. As far is I know i have all the recent firmware updates installed.

Has any one of you expercienced the same issue and can report, what caused this behaviour. Or has any recommandations to this fault?

My suspect is, that there might be a voltage regulation issue or wiring loom issue which is causing contacting problems when the temperature under the dash is changing.

Best regards
Kurt
Phil1603
Pilote amateur
Pilote amateur

Re: Distance parcourue & Consommation moyenne

Spelunxk a écrit : 01-janv.-2022 10:58
My suspect is, that there might be a voltage regulation issue or wiring loom issue which is causing contacting problems when the temperature under the dash is changing.
Hi, I agree, that is very strange.

Cluster ECU seems to keep in memory the cause of the last "Trip Computer" reset origin :
"never resetted"
"ADAC button customer reset"
"Multimedia Customer reset"
"Dist/time/carb overflow"
"odometer update"
"CAN frame loss"
"diag routine"
"Overflow of Electrical consumption value (EV specific)"
"SW reset (TCI _I loss)"

As it is accessible only in "diagnotic mode", you need to use Alpine diag box or DDT4ALL and connecting to Cluster ECU in Diag Mode. You will probably find a menu with diag or last DTC failure to read and finding the "LastTripComputerResetOrigin" information.

I suppose Alpine has made a look at this and not seen any significant reason. But, you said that is often after one or more day without being used, perhars did you have problem keeping charge or having consumption peak with your battery during first trip , generating some frame loss or overflow calculating the trip, then your ECU reset itself the "trip data".
The second possibility is a faulty ECU perhaps not the Cluster (I think they said display but that include Cluster ECU) but another ECU or interface with the CAN Multimedia or the standard CAN which cause frame error to the cluster ?

Maybe you could have a look to your Battery level, confirm whith Alpine that they changed the Cluster ECU and if they could "test" the CAN bus (but I don't know how they can do that) ?
https://github.com/sponsors/MyAlpDroid
Sponsorisez les développements de MyAlpDroid
Spelunxk
Pilote
Pilote

Dear Phil
Thx a lot for your very precise & technical response. That is reflecting exacrly my hope & interpretation of the firmware running inside the ECU. I am working as an IT admin in the automotive supplier business and we are manufacturing & developing by example the camera systems for most of the OEMs (but not Renault). However, I am not the software engineer responsible for the ECU codings. My business is more related to the plant infrastructure & ERP related business processes.
I will get another time in touch with my Alpine Center in Ravensburg to see, if they do have the mentioned analyzer / logger available and pint them to your thoughts. They are good mechanics, but I think not so much talented in softwareengineering & debugging and might need some assistence.
I will check as well if I will be able to find a personal logging tool, which could be connected to the OBD connector.
I wrote as well a detailed email to Christophe Massart at Alpine, he is director of after sales customer support and asked for his support.
I had as well already in mind, that a faulthy battery might be influencing the topic, as my Start/Stop system is really working miserable as mentioned in other posts. Typically my car is used just randomly once a week, as I cover most short distance things by foot. The longer the car rested in the garage, the worse Start Stop is working. Usually I have to drive for 1-2 hours until it is being working. But after some stops it will fail again. It seems to be extremly sensible on voltage level. I never faced a recent other model which is so unreliable. Even my Smart 451 worked better on this.
I will post as updates as soon as I managed to gain additional informations.
Mackie07
Pilote pro
Pilote pro

Problème connu et cité dans le topic des soucis de l'A110 NG... Remplacement de certains blocs compteurs en garantie.
Spelunxk
Pilote
Pilote

Dear Forum members
I just received a Call from my Alpine Center who informed that there is a software update available which will be flashed to my car on 25th of january.
I will supply Feedback as soon as I have sufficiant evidence that the malfunction was fixed (of is still persisting)
Spelunxk
Pilote
Pilote

Dear forum members
Yesterday my Alpine Center flashed the most recent version of the firmware to my car.
As I just drove about 150km so far I can‘t reliably confirm, if the reset issue is fixed.
But - it seems that Alpine put a lot more efoort in developing the new release, than i expected.
The most obvious change is immediately noticable when entering the car:
The animated Alpine model car in the display is looking much more sophisticated that before. The colours and graphics are looking really nice now. Further more the did some little changes to the display pages & sequences which are availabe while driving or standing and some very minor changes to some of the used fonts.
While those aspects are just some nice cosmetic changes, they seem to have put some effort in improving the sucking reliability of the Start/Stop feature.
On my way to the Alpine Center it even did not work one single time while driving 2 hrs non stop.
On my way back it worked surprisingly well 5 min after staring my journey home. And even the day after it started to work quite early after water temp reached a certain level. Hurray.
BTW I swapped during this maintenance stop the original SatNav SD Card by the Bosch Suzuki Map 2020/2021 version which cost on ebay around 40€. It is working fine.
Spelunxk
Pilote
Pilote

Additional remark
I asked the Alpine Center to read out the reason for the last reset of the statistics counters before flashing the new software.
But they told me, that they do not have this possibility. Either they are just lacking some skills about how to use the diagnose computer, or Alpine engineers have different tools.
Proxenet
Pilote
Pilote

Hello.
Mise à jour effectuée ce jour.

A voir dans le temps si le problème est bien réglé, cela était très occasionnel chez moi.

Effectivement quelques effets cosmétiques dans les menus.
Répondre

Retourner vers « Alpine A110 NG - Electricité, Electronique »